Thursday 22 October 2015

Hastings Bonfire night







Bonfire night is a commemoration of the failure of a plot to bomb the House of Lords. Guy Forks was the only one of the plotters to be arrested, and James the First survived the attack or the attempted plot and in order to celebrate, people lit fires around London. November the 5th was later established as the annual date to observe and celebrate this. In my fiancee's county, Sussex, they spread the bonfires over different dates so each Bonfire Society can attend every bonfire. "Remember, remember the 5th of November. Gunpowder, treason and plot" , people are shouting. I got drunk from two mini bottles of wine from the Tesco. The whole event reminded me of being in my hometown, there was a joy in seeing all those people again that I have never met, the neighbour who has a new car and always parks it in my place, the lady with the dog, the couple that just got married and so on. They were all there, but they looked completely different. We were celebrating our engagement, I felt they put on this nice even with bonfires for us. Thank you, Hastings!































No comments:

Post a Comment